Unpredictability is usually perceived with a sense of uneasiness and discomfort. However, when it comes to secure our data, information, posts, pictures and whatever flows to (or from) the internet about us, protection relies on unpredictability. The impossibility for an eavesdropper or a hacker to break the walls protecting what sits on the net about us depends on secret keys, protocols, cyphering algorithms namely the art & science of cryptography. Keys, essential to lock&unlock the doors, must be randomly generated. And true randomness implies unpredictability.
Random Power developed a True Random Bit Generator for key generation and beyond and aims at providing a secure, cost-effective, robust and tiny device for the IoT, automotive and mobile markets.
A SHORT HISTORY OF RAP!
- 2022, July: finalist in the Falling Walls venture! A great opportunity to step to a European Stage
- 2022, May: the ATTRACT Phase II project officially kicks off with a meeting of all the parties on the beautiful Lake Como
- 2022, January: Random Power is one of the 18 selected projects for an ATTRACT Phase II grant, receiving a 2 million EUR fund for a 26 months long project. RaP! and University of Insubria, its mother institution, lead a pan-european consortium made of 6 leading companies and 3 research centers
- 2021, October: Random Power (RaP!) is one of the 6 finalists at the Everis-award competition, selected out of 100 applicants
- 2021, June: LifTT, one of the VC’s which awarded us a prize, following a due diligence analysis decides to invest a Proof-of-concept capital on the project and Random Power is established as a company. Well done & good luck!
- 2020, December: we did again! Two special prizes at “Premio Nazionale dell’Innovazionehttps://www.pnicube.it/ivincitori”, awarded by two different Venture Capital Firms
- 2020, November: Random Power ranks first in the “Start-cup Lombardia” competition, in the ICT sector. Congratulations!
- 2020: Join the First Random Power Hackathon!
September 29th, 2020 Update:
The hackathon was initially planned for mid-April 2020 @IdeaSquare, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland. Unfortunately, because of the COVID-19 pandemics, it had to be postponed.
By now we are back with an on-line event, held remotely over three days (October 28th-30th, 2020), co-organised with gluoNNet and supported by a number of partners in the public and private sector and funded by the ATTRACT project. To learn more and join the event, click the link above.
- 2019: While testing out performances of our TRNG with respect to different PRGN, RandomPower team found and helped to resolve, a bug for a GPU based PRNG in Java: https://www.npmjs.com/package/gpu.js/v/2.2.0. We want to thanks to gpu.js team for the acknowledgement!
- 2019: here we go! Our proposal was selected by the ATTRACT Phase I evaluators as one of the 170 breakthrough projects out of 1211 submissions. We have a chance and we will do our best to exploit it. Congratulations to the Team!